About the Role…
The Digital Denture Transformation Manager will be based at our Peakhurst site, which is a manufacturing facility that provides dental prothesis solely to Southern Cross Dental.
This role will have complete ownership of implementing the digitalised processing of dentures to the Sydney based dental laboratory, whilst also taking on the day-to-day operational workflow of the site and the managing a team of dental technicians, including a Lab Manager and admin support.
What you will do:
- Overseeing the full operations of the laboratory, ensuring that cases are finished on time and meeting set quality standards.
- Planning and introducing a pathway towards a digitalised workflow for the processing of dentures and associated products.
- Providing education and upskilling current team members within the digitalised workflows.
- Working closely with the Group Operations Manager and assisting with the implementation of our new internal software for managing case workflow, stock control and technician case throughput.
- Providing technical support to the Southern Cross Dental team in Alexandria who liaise directly with customers.
- Planning details of production activity in terms of output quality and quantity, cost, time available, and labour requirements.
- Coordinating and directing quality control procedures in conjunction with the Lab Manager.
- Assisting the Project Manager with the implementation of ISO 13485 standards.
- Monitoring the preparation of production records and reports.
- Providing advice and information about new production techniques to other managers and the executive team.
Why you should work with us!
- You will be part of the largest dental laboratory group in ANZ;
- We promote a healthy and genuine work/life balance;
- Employee Dental Scheme;
- Access to group wide career and development opportunities to broaden your skillset;
- We like to have fun along the way and have a buzzing MDP Social Calendar;
- We recognise and reward our people’s service and contributions via our MDP Recognition Program;
- Great work environment in a modern dental laboratory
- Public transport and all amenities on the doorstep
- Friendly, collaborative, supportive team culture, and;
- Provide access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Dental Technology or similar (or studying towards).
- Minimum of 12 months working with digital denture workflows.
- Experience of managing a small team within a medical or dental environment.
- Strong English verbal communication skills.
- Reliable, highly organised with a professional and friendly disposition.
- Experience working with a CAD/CAM system.
- Ability to work autonomously and as a team to achieve team and company objectives.
- Excellent time management skills.
Know someone at SCD?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position, so they can enjoy the benefits of our employee referral program.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Residency Note: To be eligible to apply for this job, you must be a New Zealand or Australian citizen or have an appropriate visa to work and live in Australia.